Tuesday 30 October 2007

Daring Cardmakers Ribbon Challenge

 

*EDIT* I have now turned the bow on the ribbon round after receiving the below comments!

Well, I thought I'd take the plunge and do my first DCM challenge... and this week it was to make a Christmas card using lots of ribbon. I used my new Dovecraft Christmas Blues paper and holepunched it to weave some green ribbon into the card. I then used my Woodware circle and mini snowflake punches and mounted these on the top and bottom of the card. I'm fairly pleased with it, especially the use of the ribbon, but I have to say those colours don't look too Christmassy! But it was fun to have a focus while making a card, so I'll definitely have a go at some more DCM challenges. :)

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

ANS said...

I like that it's not Christmassy colours! Who ever decided Christmas had to be always red, green, gold or silver anyway?!

Good one on the picassa album, that's a great idea!

ps Is the pic upside down?

ANS said...

oh it is the right way up i can see the writing!

Angelnorth said...

This is pretty - love the idea of weaving the ribbon through punched holes. Welcome to the world of DCM challenges, you'll be hooked just like the rest of us before long!

Rhi said...

Welcome to DCM! I love th dash of pink in with the Christmas colours, very cool. Great use of ribbon weaving too, fab!

Looking forward to seeing more of your dare cards!

Rhi :)

Crafty Green Poet said...

I like the fact that its not traditional colours or traditional design. It looks great!

ANS said...

Sorry that i was the only one who thought the ribbon was upside down :(

Esther said...

lovely papers! watch out dcm dares can get very addictive! But great for the ole mojo and inspiration!

artfulstampin said...

lovely colours and I'm a sucker for those snowflakes!

Kathy said...

Lovely card Rebecca - and a big welcome to the DCM, hope you'll play along with us often

ANS said...

Bec, someone came to my blog today by clicking on my name on this post and they downloaded live bradford hip hop and they were from australia! Awesome!

Please take word verification off, it's unfair to partially sighted people ;)